Monday 8 June 2015

Graduation: We're All in this Together

By: Izabela Pitula

This week is the last week of highschool ever for this year’s graduates. The four years have flown by for HT’s seniors who seem to remember grade 9 like it was just yesterday. Keep reading for an interview with the Valedictorian for the Class of 2015.


The grade 12 students have a busy schedule this month. Last week on Wednesday, June 3rd, after a traditional school year ending mass along with the entire school in the gym, they travelled to Le Dome Banquet Hall to have a nice lunch and share memories from the 4 years spent together.

As the seniors finish up their last minute tests, projects or culminatings, they are getting prepared for exams that start earlier for them; next week from Monday - Thursday.

Even though it is an exciting time of the year for all the students, it is extraordinary for the graduating Titans! On June 19th, the senior class of 2015 will doll up for prom. June 24th will be an emotional day for grade 12s. All of us are excited to start a new chapter in our lives, going off to universities/colleges/workplaces or even maybe returning to Holy Trinity for that extra semester or two. Even though we can’t wait to move on, it’s a bittersweet feeling leaving HT. The school was our home for the past 4 years where we had our ups and downs, played our favourite sports and at the same time represented the black and gold. We all made friends, achieved our goals and succeeded in academics. It was here at HT where we found out who we truly are. Without the support of our teachers at Holy Trinity, our parents, friends, we wouldn’t have been able to come as far as we have.

June 24th is fast approaching, therefore this year’s graduates chose James Stalteri as their Valedictorian for the ceremony. James is well known at HT for his contagious laugh, determination to overcome various obstacles as well as his AMAZING musical skills. If you haven’t heard him playing his guitar, you’re truly missing out!
 


I had a great opportunity to sit down with our Valedictorian and ask him some questions:


TTT: How does it feel to be a Valedictorian and representing the graduating class of 2015? 


JS: It is a true honour to be the Valedictorian for our class of 2015. I am so excited to address everyone at our graduation and I hope that everyone enjoys the speech!

TTT: Do you have any regrets or anything you would change about the past four years?


JS: If I regret anything, I wish I was more involved in grade 9 and 10 as far as clubs go. I honestly wouldn’t change anything in the past 4 years. It’s been great the last 4 years. Everyone’s been great and I’ve been treated well at HT.

TTT: What is the funniest thing that happened to you while at HT? 


JS: A lot of funny things have happened at HT as I’m sure everyone has their fair share of funny moments. In grade 9, I remember playing guitar at the talent show and my guitar went out of tune and I had to re tune it during my performance. I thought it was pretty funny and the crowd did too.

TTT: What was your favourite class/teacher? Why? 


JS: It’s so hard to pick one class that I liked the most...but if I had to pick a few I would definitely say History, Law and World Issues. I’ve had many good teachers at HT so it’s hard for me to pick a favourite.

TTT: How would your friends describe you in three words? 


JS: I think my friends would describe me as an affable person...I hope :) as well as pretty funny. I love to make people laugh so ya- kind, funny and determined.

TTT: What clubs or extracurriculars did you participate in? 


JS: I’ve been involved in a lot of stuff at HT. I’m a prefect, I perform at acoustic circus, at Titan fest. I was on the mock trial team, which I loved! I think that’s it?

TTT: Where do you see yourself in 10 years? 


JS: In 10 years, I hope I have a job that I love. I hope I can help people. I’d like to be a teacher, but that may change. I also really want to get a PHD in history, but I’ll just take it one step at a time from here.

TTT: What is your advice to the future graduates? 


JS: My advice to future graduates is “do well in school! Have fun with your friends and get involved in school and the outer world. Watch the news, it’s important to know the world around us”.

TTT: What is something you’ll never forget about Holy Trinity? 


JS: I’ll never forget the friends I made at HT and the support I’ve been given by everyone. Also, playing guitar at acoustic circus is a huge highlight for me.

TTT: What are three words that sum up your experience as a Titan? 


JS: Three words that sum up my experience as a Titan are fun, memorable and challenging!

No comments:

Post a Comment