Wednesday 10 June 2015

Ask Anonymous 14

To see previous editions of this column, click here. Click here to submit your own questions to be answered in an upcoming edition of Ask Anonymous.

Q: How do you get rid of the guys that are after you I would like to know some clever ideas.

A: I think when it comes to letting down people like that, it’s best not to look for a way to be clever, but rather to just be honest about your feelings. If you’re not into them at the moment or don’t feel the same way, just tell them. It hurts enough to get rejected, so playing games with someone in order to let them down is straight-up mean. Tell them how you feel in a nice, polite way. Just try not to use the whole “It’s not you, it’s me” excuse. It’s been done before.


Q: I'm a shy person and carry so much negativity. I want to talk to someone, but I feel like they won't be able to help or won't understand, I barely understand myself. I feel as if what I need to say isn't something that needs to be said, or they won't think it's important, just somehow. I don't know how to take the first step and ask. Help!?

A: I know you’re feeling nervous about talking to someone, but if you feel like you constantly carry around negativity, I highly recommend that you do. Being open about your insecurities or issues might be nerve-wracking but if it could make you feel even the slightest bit better, you should go for it. Even if they don’t understand, though I can almost guarantee they will, you will have gotten rid of some of the weight on your shoulders by at least talking about it. If you’re too intimidated to book a meeting with the school’s social worker, talk to your parents about it and how you’re feeling and maybe they could book you an appointment, even if it’s to a counselor outside of Holy Trinity. Don’t be afraid or ashamed to talk to someone about how you’re feeling. Just remember that they are there to help you, not to judge you, and that you deserve happiness just like everyone else.


Q: Is the school newspaper gonna be updated during the summer? Like the movie and book reviews and Ask Anon and stuff?

A: The Titan Times will continue to update readers on a more relaxed summer schedule. We’ll still have great content to keep you busy these next few months, but posting will not be as regular as it has been throughout the school year. As for this column, if you keep sending questions, I’ll keep answering.


Until next time,

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment