Wednesday 18 March 2015

Ask Anonymous, Episode Four

To see previous editions of this column, click here. Click here to submit your own questions to be answered in an upcoming edition of Ask Anonymous. 
 
Q: I want to do something special for my parent’s 30th anniversary, what should I do?
 

A: I recommend putting together a video or slideshow of home movies and photographs of their marriage through the years. Set it to sentimental music like the classic Can’t Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley or any old love songs by your parents' favourite artists, and prepare to keep tissues nearby because there’s a very large chance that tears will be shed. Parents love that sort of stuff. You could also buy them a gift certificate to a nice restaurant like The Keg or cook them a romantic meal to show your gratitude as well to let them relax and enjoy each other's company.


Q: When will be the second print edition of the Titan Times?? Seriously can’t wait you guys are doing an excellent job!! :)
 

A: Thank you for the kind words! Our second print edition is scheduled to come out in the first week of May, for Catholic Education Week. Keep your eyes and ears peeled for more details on the announcements or on The Titan Times' Twitter in the near future.


Q: Who’s the most beautiful girl in grade 12?
 

A: Sorry, friend. This is Ask Anonymous, not ask.fm.


Q: My best friend and I are interested in the same guy. How do I show him I’m interested without ruining my friendship?
 

A: Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a way you can avoid jeopardizing your friendship while acting on your feelings for your mutual crush. Say things went as planned and the two of you ended up in a relationship - even if your friend claimed not to be jealous of the two of you, she’d most likely still feel hurt. There are certain rules in girl code that just can’t be broken, and I’m afraid that this counts as one of those. Remember that crushes come and go, but friendships can last a life time. Ask yourself if it’s really worth the risk of losing or hurting your best friend to be with this guy.


Until next time,

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment